View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Junie,
I started detox around July 19th and it is January 19, 2009. SIX MONTHS. No opiates since around the first part of August and that was for Restless Legs Syndrome.

Looking back on it, I have mixed emotions.

Opiates apparently masked my RLS, TN, PN and Fibromyalgia. I just don't know which end is up right now. And I am a little scared. Nerve problems are nasty (in my opinion). I won't bore you with the specifics, but the spinal pain was more severe (at its worst). The new problems are too weird. Both knees quit on me two nights ago. I could not stand up. I now have a Power Chair from the Scooter Store because my feet will not always allow weight on them, so I fall. I use my Forearm Crutch even if I feel ok because I never know when some lower extremity will "short out" on me. Again, this pain usually only lasts about a half hour. There are exceptions, but the other "good" thing about nerve pain ... so far ... is that I can usually "get away from it" by moving my body. By shifting my body, I relieve the pain and can do without opiates. So far.

My Respiratory System is MUCH better. No more taking a half hour to wake me up. My Service Dog/Medic Alert Dog still monitors me closely, but she has not had to rescue me in a few months. My memory is bad. Cognitive skills are slow and not as good as they were.

I am sorry you have to be on opiates and other drugs. I am 63 and have so many weird things happening to me ... I don't know where or what condition I will be in next year. But the Lord has been good to me and life is good. When I fall in the floor my dog runs over to me and loves me. When I can't get out of bed in the morning because my knee won't work, my wife helps me. I am so lucky. It could be a lot worse and maybe it will get worse, but all you and I can do is take it One Day at a Time. Good Luck Junie.
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (01-20-2009)