View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 01:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Shelly...I was sad to see you here posting on this thread...in a way. (hugs). This stuff is soooo painful. This problem has really "bugged" me to say the least. When I went to pt, she gave me some good tips/exercises to do. For one thing, she told me to never force empty my bladder. She felt that I was straining my bladder/pelvic muscles at times. It was all "news" to me and awkward. Who new? Oh...and for a few days I can't exercise aerobically...I'm bummed about this.

Anyway, tonight I took two liquid gel Aleve tablets and 1/2 tablet of Valium (2.5 mg. of Valium) along with my heating pad. I was pleased that the combination treatment was helpful. The liquid gel tablets put a dent in the discomfort.

I will inquire about the suppository...thank you Jess for the information. I did see info. about that on the IC website and thought it was interesting.

BTW, I take plenty of B12 and Magnesium as well. However, I should add that I had been negligent about taking the Magnesium regularly. I do believe that these things are important and helpful.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 01-20-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote