Thread: eye yi yie...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This doc is pretty cool. He does a great job of explaining things in English. He wrote down everything he is looking for and sent it home with me.

First thing he looks at is acid. Either from Hpylori or reflux. Then, if acid reducers don't work, he looks at the gall bladder. He said that even if the ultra sound didn't show stones that we still may be looking at an emptying problem. But he wants to leave further testing for after we get the labs back.

Then he is looking at pancreatitis. He drew blood levels and will let us know what they say. He pretty much said "they" don't really know what the cause is, but it is treatable with medicines.

Then he looks at the IBD's like Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis. He was pretty sure it wasn't UC.

If none of the tests come up positive, then he considers Functional disorders. Not psyc, but ultra sensitivity.

He had the scope and it did show signs of gastroenteritis. He has little red spots all through his tummy and his duedenem is pretty swollen. But he doesn't know why yet. He's waiting for blood work. He took a bunch of bi-opsies and he sent them off to the lab. He's starting to think that Con may have other food allergies and he wants to see if it's damaging the cells.

After the scope, Con was screaming in pain. Finally broke down and called the doc and he got him some lortabs. It took the edge off, but it didn't take the pain away. He also started him on Nexium for the gastroenteritis.

He is fairly grumpy.

Thanks for all of your help. I am trying the diet, but haven't started elimations. I want to see the results of the tests to see if I can get a jumping off point.

I love you guys. Thank you so much.

Bear
Mrs. Bear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote