View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I've thought about this for a while. It's very thought provoking.

I suppose everyone asks themselves this question......"why did I get MS"? It can be a "why me" question or a scientific question...."what actually triggered MS in me?" I've asked both.

It's been a little over three years since I've been dx. I've seen alot of changes in my life since then. But one thing I firmly believe is that I have MS for a reason....whether to teach me something or help me teach others something. A little of both, I believe.

I choose to consider MS a different direction in my life. Something I had not banked on or considered but it's my reality now. I love a challenge and I try to find new and innovative ways to do things that I previously enjoyed but find it hard to do now. And if I help one person who is having a rough time of it.....whether they have MS or not......then to me it's all been worth it.

Some days I curse it, others I find reasons to be thankful for it. But what it all comes down to is that this is me. Take it or leave it.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (01-21-2009), SallyC (01-20-2009)