View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
Thanks Lynlee for the response!

Your tiredness sounds very similiar to mine. I feel bad for my wife as she has to pick up any slack I create in the household.

There is definetly a grieving process to this, especially with my loss of function. I miss exercising so much it hurts and have gained about 30 pounds.

Somedays I am optomistic about getting back to 100% but other days I wonder after a year if my brain is done all the healing it is going to do.

All th doctors I saw for the first couple of months said I would get back to 100%. The doctor I saw at the brian injury clinic a couple months ago was the first one to say that I may never get back to the 100mph schedule of work, martial arts, overtime, consulting, running, weight lifting...that I was before.

Been seing a Cognitive Therapy spec ialized psych who has helped a lot and taught me not to define myself by my accomplishments in athletics or work or anything anymore. I can just be.

The pain takes away from all moments in my life but THINGS COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE !!!

Stay strong Lynlee. Your not alone. Thank God for this forum so we can all feel like we're not crazy and that their are others who "get it"
I definately get it my life much as yours probaly was was great,normal,awesome life,i took for granted feeling normal and i pray that if given the chance i never will again i love this forum to as we all understand each other my dealings are more of a dizziness,vertigo,with dull headaches i hope we can all feel normal one day but part of me thinks that in wont happen but then i read that ppl almost always recover from this hell my brain showed no damage and i am still dealing with this good wishes to all!!!!!!
tommywrestler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote