View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My surgeries were done by Dr. Brantigan. I respect him highly, and I know that he has always been honest with me.

I would not have filed a lawsuit if I had known that my regular health insurance would have had to pick up the tab for my medical care after my PIP coverage ran out. I was approaching the PIP limit and I needed another TOS surgery which costs around $50,000.00. I asked my attorney about this--and never got a straight answer. Unfortunately, I didn't know anything about lawyers or going to court--so I went with the attorney recommended to me by a friend. Needless to say, that person is no longer my friend as the lawyer didn't do his job very well.

I am amazed to find out how many of us are unaware of how our insurance coverage works. I sure didn't know--Trust me, you find out how the hard way really fast. You think that you are protected--but you are not. Unfortunatly, the court systems are structured to protect the insurance companies--and the people the represent.

I like many here, am handicapped for the rest of my life. I do not work at this time--and I don't think I will ever be able to. My story is tragic--and I would be happy to give details if people would like to PM me. I do not want this to happen to anyone else.
BarnBum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote