View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 01:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

whoo hooo a paper mystery!!!

lol i couldnt help myself. I just finnally ran out of paper since i worked a papr mill in late nineties and early 00's.

paper has many uses and weights and finishes. our mill made all the paper for hp inkjets and laserjets and high end printers and binders.

unless your a graphic artist and need major high resolution printing you can use just about any finish in a laser/deskjet/inkjet printer. it is the thickness that causes jams. the thinner the paper the lighter the paper. like a 60lb to 100 lb paper works fine as it is pliable nad easily foldable. if you have a printer that lets you have a single feed slot for heavier papers 120- 160 card stock than you can use that.

but for everyday mundane printing go down to the local staples or office store and get a ream of 500 sheets of light stock for printing on.

remember to kep your printers clean to prevent jams.

use rubbing alcohol and some bounty and clean your feed rollers amd and internal rollers that you can reach regularly to keep them clean and leave a bit of a tack to them to help grip the paper.

alll is now well and the mystery is solved.

but did you know all paper has a rough and a smooth side? its what we call machine side and felt side. can any of you tell me why?

roger.
XISLED is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote