View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm really good at researching and finding things on the net. I have done an exhaustive search,phrasing it every which way possible,slightly different words,etc. I can't find anything about rsd developing due to inadequate anesthesia. All I kept finding is related to getting rsd after surgery. I don't think anyone researched enough yet into the reason why rsd develops after surgery. That will be when we have an answer to the question. If rsd develops in people after surgery due to inadequate anesthesia, or if there are other reasons or a combo thereof. Personally, since no one knows exactly what "causes" rsd to happen, I suspect it's due to multiple reasons of which genetics may play a part for some. We're all individuals and each one of us may have ended up with rsd for different reasons. For instance, you develop rsd after surgery due to inadequate anesthesia, I get it because of genetics and also because of the trauma my knee suffered when I hurt it. Someone else gets it after surgery just because of the "trauma" to the body that comes with surgery. Another person may be because a nerve got nicked. I could go on and on. LOL

It is an interesting theory huh? Now if only research could develop faster and catch up with us and test out our theories to see which ones are right and which are wrong or maybe the theory is close but just a bit off.

I hope that maybe there is something out there written down that I just can't find. I know it would help you.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
llrn7470 (01-21-2009)