View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 05:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ray, Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with RSD. I have had it for over 5 years now. I have a great pain dr. and she is very understanding. She is able to just look at me and know how things are going maybe even better than I know myself. We sometimes get caught up in the pain and trying to work through it that we forget that oh yeah it really is bad. I am up late tonight due to pain. I can't seem to get it under control no matter what I do. So decided to take an extra dose to help out. I am under some narcotics and nerontin to help me thorugh the days. The nerontin really seems to be the one that helps the most. You might ask your dr. about medications for nerve pain. It was explained to me that nerontin is usually given for those that have seizures and that the RSD leg is actually experiencing a type of seizure and so the nerve medications work well to keep the seizure activity on a low. I still take narcotics too. It does seem a bit much but it helps me to be able to work effectively at my job. There is some memory issues with the neurontin that you may not be aware of when it happens. I am cautious now and double check my work on the job.
I have had three nerve blocks, two in the lower lumbar and one in the RSd leg itself. The one in the leg seemed to work the longest and get the best results. The lumbar blocks did nothing for me except it did take the swelling out of the leg. I can tell there are areas that are deadened.

Others out there....what can you do to keep the elasticity in your skin. My skin is really turning into something different.
vanityfaire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HouseLite (01-22-2009)