View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I've thought about this for a while. It's very thought provoking.

I suppose everyone asks themselves this question......"why did I get MS"? It can be a "why me" question or a scientific question...."what actually triggered MS in me?" I've asked both.

It's been a little over three years since I've been dx. I've seen alot of changes in my life since then. But one thing I firmly believe is that I have MS for a reason....whether to teach me something or help me teach others something. A little of both, I believe.

I choose to consider MS a different direction in my life. Something I had not banked on or considered but it's my reality now. I love a challenge and I try to find new and innovative ways to do things that I previously enjoyed but find it hard to do now. And if I help one person who is having a rough time of it.....whether they have MS or not......then to me it's all been worth it.

Some days I curse it, others I find reasons to be thankful for it. But what it all comes down to is that this is me. Take it or leave it.
That is basically what I get from "MS is just a fact of my life". I have it and I will deal with it. Unfortunately it isn't as easy to deal with as my gray hair...Clairol but thats just the facts.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (01-21-2009)