View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi all from a lurker coming out of the closet

hi everyone,i've been lurking around this site for months now and i think its the most informative on the net.

I stumbled across this site in october last year while i was looking for answers to my pain.I had an accident in '07 due to my dog,she ran into me and caused an unstable fracture of the ankle.It was pinned and plated and a year later i decided i'd had enough of limping so started to get fit.Lots of walking,cycling,you name it,i did it until september '08 when i went to the gym.I ran,used the ski machine,weights etc and felt great,never in my 51 years had i felt so fit....until 2 days later when my left calf muscle started to cramp.I ignored it at first and carried on but the pain then started under my heel and in my hamstrings.At that point,i thought i'd pulled a few muscles so took neuofen and tried to continue.The stabbing pains,the cramps and the pulling sensations became more intense over the next few weeks until i could neither sit,stand or walk without being in agony and my butt!,i felt like i'd been kicked by a horse!

eventually i had to go to the docs who sent me for physio and i was dx'ed with Double Crush Syndrome/piriformis syndrome.I have no back problems,all my pain is in my left leg and its ruining my life.I'm taking dicolfenic 3 times a day and 10mgs of Amiltriptiline and working with PT.I was given Valium for a short period and that was wonderful as only 2mgs a day would let me be pain free but my doc won't give me anymore now so its back to pain or numbness.My physio gut says this will get better but 4 months down the line and i still can't walk or stand for very long.I know its improving but not by much and to be honest,its driving me potty!

anyway,i just want to say thanks for listening and for a great board.
Lilly51 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-21-2009), just drea (01-26-2009), weegot5kiz (01-22-2009)