View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 09:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default After 10 years, it came back

I don't know either if tooth extractions are the reasons for a flair of TN pain. It certainly could be. Mine started for no rhyme or reason. Out of the blue, I took
a drink of my pepsi one day and it hit me with a severe lightening like pain from my ear to my mouth. I was diagnosed with tic dularoux which is another name for TN. I was put on 100mg of dilantin and 30 mg of amytriptilene.This medication held me for 10 yrs. I thought it was over for good if I just kept taking my medicine. Wrong! After 10 years it was back, the lightening strikes were so horrific that there was no way I could have even sat here at the computer. I couldn't eat or talk. This is what led up to being admitted to Mayo clinic in Rochester Minn. After 2 failed attempts at surgery, the last option, and the only option left, the complete severing of the trigeminal nerve. It was done. I came home after 3 weeks. I now have Anesthesia delorosa, which is a dreaded complication of a failed Microvascular decompression. It is a life sentence. Pain, although not as scarey as TN , but relentless 24/7.
Doodle bug7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote