View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 06:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseLite View Post
Hello, well i found out the hard way that i can not stop my patch wich is the one med my doctor wanted me to stop. They are supposed to last three days and the last one seemed to stop working after a day and a 1/2 and i was on the couch all day sunday ( fun when you see your kids once a week ) and could not move Monday morning to get back to work. I put a new one on monday morning and my pain went down and i was able to get arround, today is the third day for this patch so i will see how it goes. The block seemed to have worked for the "burning" and "stabing" ect. pain, but the pain i am still having my dock says the block wont stop it. The pain is is my knee, thigh and groin area, he says that it hurts like it does do to the nerve damage? So if he cant come up with somthing else it looks like i will be on meds for a long time, not what i wanted but it is a better option than not taking them.
Thank You all,
Ray
Ray, you are absolutely right. You should not just stop the patch. I am off the patch now. Mine was 100mg Fentanyl. You need a doctor to supervise and slowly ween you off. I had to change my patch every two days as well. My doctor understood and prescribed it that way. I know there is a time and place for the meds, but getting off that one was brutal. No one told me that I would eventually have to increase the dose or some day get off the patch. Neurotin was suggested in an earlier post. I agree, you might want to ask your doc about that. Narcotics need to taken as prescribed and with doctors supervision. I had a family member have problems with a combination of narcotics and prescibed meds and we found him in a coma. Serious brain damage resulted and he almost lost his life. Becareful with excessive heat with the patch. Read the information that comes with the patch and follow the instructions to the letter. I am sorry you have this unrelenting pain. Take care and keep alert to the medicines you are taking. All the best Di
DianaA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HouseLite (01-22-2009)