View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:08 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default must point this out..

Thanks jean,

So could your husband smell better than you? It seems like my smell is very limited but i've not lost all of it. Without ever collecting any numbers on my smell, it sounds like a good one to look at individually. I think there would be many things that can affect smell, but lack of it consistently accompanies PD I guess. I'd venture to say they are going to need millions of people to draw any solid conclusions about smell.

We could do this alot cheaper and faster thru choosing household goods and each consumer purchases his own things to smell. Webcast sessions with instructions and demonstrations.....eliminate, eventually , much waste of money and time.

We are like snowflakes; there are only so many things you can do to correct or modify such complexity and make it better. But it is fun trying, and we are still very serious about trying to learn as much as we can and to have as much quality of life as possible.

We are looking for a better, faster way. In saying this, it is not tearing anything down; it's being part of the solution - rebuilding - quickly and competently.

There are many examples of data collection, but this is the best one I've seen so far I think, that the neurotalk group could have done by just receiving some consultation from everyone involved in designing an experimental procedure - and we could have put it online and collected from a very large and ever changing audience, along with publicizing it. Sorry that sentence went on forever.

We need treatment approved for short term use for advanced pwp and other illnesses. And as simply put as I can think of: there are faster ways to do it and it's time to give up the perks and perform.

why always me? ok thanks for reading, i'm working on getting offline some; the pace is making me too impatient and i do realize it.

I would like to watch the new world order form. It's interesting and futuristic. Getting new treatments ...well scratch and sniff away....hope something new comes out of it but don't look for it this decade.

I want to lose interest in all this.....but something always comes up.

thanks for the info for the vent jean.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote