View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default sense of smell

Hi Paula and Jean, I previously wrote and deleted a sarcastic reply on the regular topics about this that I thought we could all concede that problems with sense of smell do precede PD--and the $$$ used to perform this study could be used for something else....but then maybe I am incorrect. perhaps not everyone experienced a loss or dimishing sense of smell. My husband lost his sense of smell coincident with the onset of tinnitus ~32 yrs ago which the doc diagnosed as caused by a "virus". the man has experienced more episodes of food poisoning than I care to note due to this impairment--esp when i am out of town. Now I empty the refrig prior to leaving for more than 1 or 2 days.
will follow updates to this study, having nothing else to occupy my time. madelyn

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote