Thread: Checkin In!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Checkin In!

Hard to believe it's the middle of January already! I've been absolutely wiped out parenting these days. I find the winter months the hardest, because you are inside more. Of course, being inside is when my own anxieties come out to play and today I'm just a bundle of nerves and stress...probably hormone related, but still anxious nonetheless.
Next week, I'll get the results to my 3yr olds testing, and find out what the education plan is for him. This process has been a bit stressful on many levels. One of those stresses being that I'm not quite emotionally prepared to see my little guy go off to school so much sooner than I'd originally imagined....yet, getting down to just one child during the day, it''s kind of a relief for me...these days are long, long, long.....
My 'baby' turned 2 last week.....he's a big boy! They all are, they are growing like weeds this winter and it's kind of mind boggling, lol...
This has been the first sober winter in many moons and I'm grateful for it, yet gosh...kind of resentful in the thought of why can't I just have a drink or two to unwind like everyone else seems to be able to, yet...I know it would turn into 3 or 4 or more...and then i'd feel like crud. And then I remind myself, just because 'everyone else' seems to be able to...maybe 'they' aren't sooo healthy afterall, kwim?
So I just wanted to check in. I know I haven't been around much these past few months....motherhood has taken a turn for the uber-busy and I just don't have the energy to try and keep up on-line sometimes,

I hope everyone is doing well....and I hope cabin fever isn't kicking anyone's butt too badly

"Thanks for this!" says:
dorrie (01-26-2009)