View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I feel your pain

Hey WW,
I can certainly hear where you are coming from!!! I too has a stroke at a young age. (37). It all started one day at work, I just wasn't feeling quite right but just chalked it up to one too many cold ones the night before. The odd feeling I was having went on for a few more weeks and to say the least, I was extremely concerned. I worked in a foundry (hot nasty work), but truly enjoyed my work. I was feeling like I'd somehow lost my Mo-Jo. After many appts. to a neurologist I was mis-diagnosed with MS. Well, all the while I'd been having TIA's. By then it was too late and the damage had already been done. I guess I've recovered fairly well, I can walk (with a limp & Cane) but still have not had much recovery with my left arm/hand. I went through all the traditional therapies like OT/PT and even went as far as to go through Huperbaric Oxygen Therapy all to no avail. I'm now 44 yrs. old and have reached a plateau. I also had terrible depression & mood swings until I finally got my meds right. I've been taking LEXAPRO for about a year now and it's working great. The best advice I can give you is to hang in there.

Mitch
mitch98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote