Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahP View Post
Has anyone else had experience elimination heavy metals?

Chemar - with the homeopath - did they make matters worse? My friend says that they either 'help' or do nothing. (a side issue is that my daughter keeps getting tonsillitis nad ear infections and is only 13 months old - I am sick of anti-biotics and thought homeopathy may help)

thanks
(depressed)
Sarah

((((((((((((Sarah)))))))))

not sure if you mentioned this before but has he been tested for strep? (not just throat swab but blood tests for strep antibodies) A lot of what you are describing can be related to a condition known as PANDAS or also Sydenham's Chorea that Lara mentioned. with PANDAS kids have inflammation of the basal ganglia from the strep and this can result in tics as well as OCD and other explosive/depressed etc behaviors.
Parents find the symptoms wane when on antibiotics (most beneficial seems to be azithromycin/zithromax) There is a lot of info on the web now that PANDAS is becoming more recognized by the conventional medical community

re the homeopathy, yes I do feel it made things worse for my son. Homeopaths would likely disagree and say it was "bringing out" the problems and so healing them....but things became very severe for him after the homeopathic remedy (agaricus) that he was given

my son had very high mercury levels(likely leached from my many tooth fillings during pregnancy)
We used first chlorella and finally alpha lipoic acid ALA) along with acupuncture, reflexology and biofeedback (NOT neurofeedback)
along with the continued epsom tubs for detox
His mercury came down significantly after all that (it is important to only use ALA in final stages as it crosses the blood brain barrier and can therefore carry mercury it binds into the brain)

Lara has given you some excellent links there. Leslie Packer's TS Plus website is very helpful!

I know of many cases of allergy (especially celiac/gluten and/or dairy intolerance) where kids were ticcing from the allergic inflammation and misdx with TS. Even environmental allergens can trigger tics in susceptible kids. I recently spoke with someone whose child was dx TS. The child developed respiratory illness and was put on benedryl and voila! the tics stopped. Turned out the high histamine levels related to the allergies were triggering the tics.

re serious conditions, some kids have been misdx with TS when in fact they have epilepsy or other brain conditions that need prompt and correct medical treatment.
sadly in this country many neurologists hear or see that the child tics and their standard protocol is to prescribe the strong drugs (antipsychotics etc)without further testing.
But a savvy pediatric neuro would be able to provide info and further testing to rule out any more serious issues

I know it is easy to say "dont worry" but the best you can do for yourself and your child is to try not to and rather keep seeking good professional help to arrive at a clear diagnosis.

hope things are better today
Cheri

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-22-2009), who moi (04-16-2009)