View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Gastroparesis and Supplements

Megan, sorry about the gastroparesis - I got it 8 years ago - autonomic nueropathy - and live on liquids... my docs had me take no supplements at all except drinking ensure - which is what I live on - as the meds can just sit in your gut for hours and no, dont dissolve and move thru intestines as they should... (the ensure is made for people who have digestion problems to absorb nutrients).. until very recently my blood has been fine - even B12 - the last four moths I've been fighting an intestinal mega infection and treated with oral Vacymycin for 4 mouths - nothing was getting absorbed, and I have problems with blood now - platlets malformed, low B12, etc... the doc gave me a prescription for ferritin (acid? but small pill form)..... if what you can need you can get subliminal I'd do that to be sure you absorb, as gastroaresis can vary day to day and will definately affecft your ability to take "pills".... (there are some good gastroparesis diets out there on the net - just google the term and try to stay on as much solid food as you can!)

Also, fasilations? I get them at night - both from PN exasberation and also as a side effect of one of my gastric motility meds - unavaoidable as there are only a few on the market and this one works for me very well other then this...

Hang in there....

Last edited by BEGLET; 01-22-2009 at 02:04 PM.
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote