View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you everyone for helping me understand! I really do appreciate your time!

MrsD - I don't take much of anything as far as medications go. My old rheumy tried putting me on so many different things for my "CREST" but I hate taking meds. Would rather try homeopathic, or just deal with it. For my stomach I take an occasional Pepcid AC - OTC. I have a small hiatal hernia, no ulcers, minor thickening of the esophagus from GERD. I do get a pressure under/behind my right rib but CT scans, a Hida scan & labs all say organs are normal. They can't figure it out. The gastro prescribed Omeprazol 20 mg - 2 at bedtime but I don't take it because side effects are headache, nausea, diarrhea, belly pain...
When the itch is just way too much, I take a single Benadryal at bedtime, but not every night. For occasional sinus headache/pressure I'll take an advil cold and sinus - but it's very rare - maybe 2-3 a month?
When my energy level is really low, I'll take a B 100 Complex. Sometimes I'll take 2, spaced a few hours apart.
I don't eat McD's, BK, or any of that garbage, but I'm not big on many veggies. I was taking the B Complex 2x daily when I was employed, along with Vits A & E, Calcium/Magnesium and potassium. I kept it up for a few weeks after I lost the job, but grand-daughter has gotten me distracted enough that I fell out of the habit. All that did help with the energy, but not much else.

I use Dreft for all my laundry, including bedding and towels, Basis all natural soap for showers. I avoid all perfumed lotions and soaps.

I also have what they've termed a multinodular goiter, but all my levels are "normal" and I don't have the TPO antibodies. They are keeping an eye on the solid, dominant nodule, but it hasn't grown in over a year.

I hope that helps fill in the gaps. Again, thanks for helping me understand!
dmouse
dmouse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote