View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default minimal farming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Hi there Shez.

My name is Melody. I usually post on the neuropathy forums and social chat. Do you have a supportive family? husband? kids? That can really be of great comfort but of course, they have to be understanding of what you are going through. Sometimes this isn't the case.

I can tell you what I did to get myself out of the doldrums (we all have reason to be depressed, be in the doldrums, melancholia, WHATEVER!!!). But I found a great way to have fun and even help my body.

I started to grow my own sprouts. I bought some organic seeds. I took some empty jars (Just found out that glass is better than my plastic containers, so I'll be off to my local hardware store to buy some mason jars)

but what I have been growing in my kitchen, is alfalfa, broccoli sprouts, lentil sprouts ALL KINDS OF SPROUTS.

It's so easy (if you want to find out more, just do a search on any of my latest sprouting posts), or go on the internet and google "how to sprout". I went on youtube and watch all the videos and said "holy cow, I can save money, grow my own sprouts, add them to my salads, to my soups, etc.".

I found out not only is it easy and fun, but IT'S CHEAP!!

Just imagine having 5 kinds of sprouts growing on your kitchen counter, then at night, being able to use them in a whole bunch of ways.

I realize this is not for every body, but I got my neighbors and some friends to give it a try, and my husband's nurse is doing this with her grandchildren. I fed her some of my sprouted vegetable patties and she was in heaven. She said "can I take some home to my husband".

Sprouts are easy on the tummie, and full of vitamins, minerals, etc. It's ALL good!!!

So if you want to pick yourself out of the doldrums, try finding a hobby like I did. You can't go wrong, you'll find new ways to use these sprouts. My husband thinks I've gone mad, but you should see his face when he digs into my patties. Oh boy!!! And if you are not into sprouts, growing seeds etc. (I never did this before in my entire life and I'm 61), hopefully you can find another thing of interest for you.

lol

So I wish you well hon!!

Melody

sprouts are super charged nutritionally and fresh and yummy. my next step was a self contained garden called the aero-garden. now i have fresh herbs, lettuces, even tomatoes. all year! it's victory garden time.
i also it gave me something powerful to look forward to, the growth, the crispness, the rightious economic savings and convenience. then even outdoor potted plants are exercise and sunshine.

it's very difficult sometimes to see through the fog. very much like mood swings according to atmospheric low pressure. amplified.

good luck to everyone in their struggle with struggle.

ktmae
ktmae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (02-16-2009), shezbut (01-26-2009), Theta Z (05-01-2010), vini (01-26-2009)