View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 01:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Clev Clinic

I don't have a lot of time, as I am almost ready for work... so I am copying and pasting from another thread where I posted this reply. For clarity, Gates Mills is a suburb of Cleveland. After seeing Stanton-Hicks... my half sister committed suicide, so the only details I have about the visit are from her husband.
The best doctor (most knowledgeable) I have seen for RSD was Teresa Dews, part of Cleveland Clinic. She runs the Pain Managment dept. at Hillside Hospital in Gates Mills. She has worked with Dr. Stanton-Hicks, and still part of that pain management group. Stanton-Hicks treated my sister, and didn't give her much hope, and I did not get the impression he was very easy to talk to, so when I got RSD, I went to Hicks. A friend who lives in Gates Mills was engaged to a physician, who knew Dews, and said she had a great reputation... so I went to her. Also, it would have been months to get into Stanton-Hicks and Dews office had me in within 2 weeks. I was very impressed. I think Dr. Dews would be an excellent place to start. Tell the nurse when you call it's an RSD appointment and they will work you right in.

Unfortunately, my insurance no longer covers Dr. Dews, they would if she was at the main clinic. But now that she runs this satellite office, they won't. Every couple years, I go and pay myself, and she writes a protocol for my family doctor to follow. I have the greatest respect for her.
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote