View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 06:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Nancy-H
I have been in pretty much the same situation at times, and never went
to the ER for the reasons you have stated. Plus the fact that when you hurt that badly, who could take the ride to the ER, and wait in the waiting room for them to tell you that your an addict just looking for a fix.
Having a letter in place from your medical team might help that in some cases. It's a shame we have to be treated this way just because there are junkies looking for their fix in the ER.

Hi Jane,
My jaw dropped in awe when I read your post. I am shocked that you have been treated that way, but I have been treated the same way by a few doctors as well. Not as bad as your case, but it still wasn't right.
Don't they have laws that say a doctor can't just put you out on the street "cold turkey"? Especially after such a surgery! I have heard that fentanyl is one of the worst withdrawals to go through, my heart goes out to you for all that your going through.. I can only imagine how you felt when he told you this.
Hopefully you have your meds back in place now, and are recovering well.
I just can't imagine going through that after having such an invasive surgery.
Doctors should have to answer to someone when they treat a patient like that, its just sooooooo wrong.
I have had a doctor say the same things to me when I was looking for a doc to do my fusion, he stated that "People like me were a huge drain on the country's resources, and there should be tougher laws, etc, etc.
I said to him very loudly so the whole office could hear it.."Do you really think someone would go through a fusion surgery just to get the disability benefits? you, sir are a (I wont say here what I said to him), as I walked out of the office......
What's wrong with these doctors, do they really think you would have all these surgeries just to get the meager disability benefits?
The medical profession never ceases to amaze me!

{{{{{{{{{Jane}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Peace
Rags
Ragtop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote