View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I have found, that to ALWAYS GO

to the same lab for all blood work is the way to go.... my docs hate me for it? But because I get IG infusions.... They should only be done a day or two before my next infusion or the #'s get really skewed! And, they have! Besides, I've found the labs to be far, far more skilled than most doctors' offices on the whole as that is ALL they do! Take bloodwork, that is. Latov's offices might be better than most though.
I do like the fact that one lab does all these reports though because, all subsequent reports come in the same format....making it easy to keep watch and record on separate worksheets the info in a consistent sort of manner.
Some drugs can and DO cause irreversable additional PN, but I doubt that you will ever see a drug co. ADMIT that? This might be listed in their very fine print of 'Prescribing Information' ...usually under the less frequent, but reported types of side effects. Spend about 1/2 hour each with the drug company and report it - IF you can directly tie cause/effect - AND the FDA. That's about all you can do. I have seen that at times new 'black box' notifications have been added when the FDA gets enough reports tieing a med to cause and effect. It's tedious? But it can be rewarding.
The supplements many suggest here are NOT worthless, they can help you try and get your body in a better position to HEAL. And, healing is what we all want! It can take a long time tho, for some...a very long time.
I wish you the best of luck in your efforts. Hope this helps? Best always - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote