View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi sandy,

The redness in tooth # 2 site could be a small bone spur that is trying to make it's way out and it's irritating the edge of the gum tissue. Sometimes it will show on an xray, but not always. Sometimes the spur is so incredibly tiny but it's just enough to irritate the tissue. If it is a tiny bone spur in the tissue, then it only takes seconds to remove it and it's not anything to get concerned about.

The redness could also be from eating on it. I know you are trying to avoid that area, but food gets over there anyway.

I'm sure the surgeon will take a look at it when he removes the sutures from the site of #11. Let us know what he says!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy60 View Post
Hi Bryanna, I had tooth 2 extracted 4 weeks ago, as you know. It doesn't hurt anymore and the lumpiness is going away. It looks fine except the inner part, the hole, is not the color of the gum, pink...it still looks partially reddened. I get my stitches out tomorrow from the other extraction (tooth 11, different oral surgeon). I had my follow up for the first tooth and he said it looks fine, but that was 3 weeks ago. Surgeon #2 said maybe a piece of bone is trying to come out but I don't see anything. How would they know, an x-ray? He said no, so I don't know. Is it normal for it to still be a little red (no blood or anything)? No infection because I have taken antibiotics and there is no soreness in that area anymore. The thought of going back to the first oral surgeon who extracted #2 for further intervention is freaking me out. Do some people just have this redness then it goes away? Thanks.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote