View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:54 PM
visitor

15 yr Member
visitor

15 yr Member

Thanks! One question, if it doesn't show on the x-ray, what do they do? Make an incision and look? The thought of this scares me, more surgery? More worrying about a dry socket? Can that happen if they are near the bone again? What I mean is do they just cut your gum open because of a suspicion of a tiny spur? Would it be right underneath the surface? Do they have to stitch you again after this? Lots of questions but I am not good with this stuff :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi sandy,

The redness in tooth # 2 site could be a small bone spur that is trying to make it's way out and it's irritating the edge of the gum tissue. Sometimes it will show on an xray, but not always. Sometimes the spur is so incredibly tiny but it's just enough to irritate the tissue. If it is a tiny bone spur in the tissue, then it only takes seconds to remove it and it's not anything to get concerned about.

The redness could also be from eating on it. I know you are trying to avoid that area, but food gets over there anyway.

I'm sure the surgeon will take a look at it when he removes the sutures from the site of #11. Let us know what he says!

Bryanna
sandy60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote