View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lor View Post
Kandra, Whats wrong with trying Lamictal? It MIGHT help. You see, I started it back in 1996 & have never had another GM (tonic-clonic). I take Lyrica too, but that one does not help me with my CPs (it might help you though) We are all different.
I have an appt the 20th and hope they don't cancel mine. This is at a university hospital. I have been going there for years.
Hi lor,

She won't give me Lamictal...says she's had too many patients have serious problems with it...Stevens-Johnson, I believe. My appt. is tomorrow and I'm pulling my hair out here.

Also, I had tripped and seriously knocked my noggin 9/30...no LOC but severe headaches, and I'm not prone to headaches. My INR was very high at 5.3 and she refused to see me (that's a very high result for those of us who take Coumadin..my blood was VERY thin!). I did get a MRI the following week (finally!) but that had already been ordered to r/o the mesial temporal sclerosis. (Yes, I did go to the ER but after waiting several hours I went home) I even lost my way home! Anyway, headaches have gone but I've been having short term memory problems since...and I can't tell her because my pulmo is already murmuring....neuropsychiatric problems. Jeez, I had a freaking head bump, I didn't acquire Alzheimer's in the process.

I find myself in the kitchen and don't know why...etc. I forget almost everything it seems and it's really annoying to say the least.

I did call the university here and I can't get in for a minimum of 6 months

K.
Kandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote