View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 08:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hello I have dysautonomia which includes malignant neurocardiogenic sycope and POTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~ADDYSON~♥~ View Post
Hi, I am new here and I am wondering if there is anyone here who has Dysautonomia/POTS/Neurocardiogenic Syncope? It is somewhat rare but I know that I saw someone who had posted about it before I signed up. I would be interested in getting some discussions going with with any others who may have it here.

Thanks!
Hello. I have been diagnosed with dysautonomia about 1998 had fainted occasionally since the age of 7 yrs old chalked it up to stress but then got anorexia which damages the vagus nerve more and was fainted almost everyday sometimes 3-4 times a day. They said it was due to the anorexia and if I gained weight I would be fine. I went to treatment for the ED but kicked out since they thought I was cheating because i was fainting all the time still. Came home got sent to a cardiologist had a tilt table test and was diagnosed with neurocardiogenic syncope with bad bradicardia had to get a pacemaker in 99 then I stopped fainting for 2 months and it returned but not as often then the tachacardias showed up but only like 180 bpm at rest but when it hit 260 at rest the had to do an ablation so I still faint and may need another ablation. I am part of dreams and if you go to youtube POTS go to Sarah the marine who has had a bad case and she explains it very well. The vegus nerve does so much for the body everything seems to go out of whack like gastroparesis where your stomach is parlized. What helps me most is myspace and facebook because the have groups and people who understand. You cannot believe some of the ER doc etc that accuse you of faking when it is a fainting thing unbelievable esp when I have a tramatic brain injury from a faint down a flight of stairs. I am new here but came across it trying to find good articles to explain it to my friends who don't get it esp the tiredness after a faint etc.
lauriloubird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote