View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 09:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Leslie, you're giving me deja vu. Only, we had a washer overflow, and we're in a one-story house (cement slab), and the insurance is covering most of it (we upgraded the flooring). But, the holes in the wall (actually, they just cut away the lower 18 inches), bedrooms, bathrooms, hallway, furniture everywhere.... Anyway, We're home!!!!! After a month in a hotel due to that Great Washer Flood, we are back in our house. We ended up putting in wood flooring, so we'll be moving out in the middle of the month so they can finish sanding and sealing the floor. Right now, we're sleeping with just the top mattress on the floor and living out of suitcases. Kind of like camping inside your house. This way, we don't have to pack up all the furniture again when we move out. Anyway, it's good to be back home (I was starting to call the hotel an apartment). And, I LOVE my new floors!

Tom had his triennial review Thursday. Overall it went pretty well. While I would like to think he's doing better than he is, I didn't have quite the sucker-punch of depression that I usually get after this type of thing. I'm actually feeling quite hopeful for his future... details here (http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...ad.php?t=5485), if you're interested.

We received Tom's IgG allergy results this month. (Actually, I didn't post on GS/CD. It's here, if you're interested: http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...ead.php?t=4357) He's allergic to just about all the usual allergens (dairy, gluten, peanuts, peas, tomatoes, soy, melons, nuts, coconut, eggs, rice). I've managed to get him off of all of those except the nuts. He's been eating LaraBars for snacks and I haven't been able to come up with another snack. I really need to get on the ball with that one.

We had a really nice Thanksgiving. We went to visit a friend and she cooked a GFDFeverything else free meal for us... except for the apple pie. We had leftover birthday cupcakes for dessert. It was all really good. I made a straight cornmeal cornbread and then used that cornbread for the stuffing. Anyway, I was quite pleased with our meal, in spite of our long list of "can't eats."
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote