View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 10:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am still hanging around. Not posting much here, but I am still reading and want to stay in touch with you. I post mainly on BT.

All is going well for me. No snow here but it is cold for AR. Christmas will be quiet. I will be working that week. DH will be visiting his son. My kids are not visiting. Maybe I can figure out how to get invited to a GF home for Christmas dinner

I am enjoying my break from running Gluten Free in Central Arkansas - no meeting or newsletter in Dec. But I really need to get busy and get ready for next year. Have people to contact, letters to write and brochures to print.
Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamietwo View Post
Taking the remaining corn (citric acid and xanthan gum) out of ds's diet seemed to be helping, but now I'm wondering if amaranth is causing problems too! And at Thanksgiving I tried teff for the first time.
Jamie, this caught my eye. At the International Celiac Symposium it was mentioned that is was not unusual for people with CD not to tolerate some the the alternative grains. I think amaranth and teff were specifically mentioned. One doctor said they have found a protein in corn that is similar to a protein in wheat but she would not say any more than that at this time. On Delphi there was a poll that asked about sensitivity to corn. Out of 82 responses, 23% said they were sensitive.
Anne
annelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote