View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The eye is sewn shut (from what I understand, mind you - I went kind of blank for a moment as he spoke) to prevent infection since her eyeball itself is exposed.

They had scraped (I think this is right) the top layer from her actual eyeball. I think that he said that was to remove any "bad stuff" (I forgot what he said) in case it is/was an infection. I believe that had to be done anyway, in order to get a culture and then biopsy the area.

From what I can tell, there seems to be 2-3 stitches sewing her third eyelids shut. She is still on a bit of medication, she has two drops and one pill type.

I'm going to give it another day, but she has picked up a sniffle today. It mimics her pout, so I'm having problems telling if he's just upset or getting a cold. I'm keeping an eye on her temperature as well as the surgery site to check for redness, swelling and any form of hot spots.

On the bright side, I am getting new pots and pans of my choice for being the bad guy.

I finally collapsed today, I laid down around noonish (heck, I don't even know when it was) and slept for nearly 5 hours. I'm reminded of the days my son was a preemie, he couldn't cry well so I'd stare at him for hours since I had to pretty much watch for him to cry, the monitors didn't pick up his cry (it was a little squeak of sorts).

Her stitches come out on Wednesday, and hopefully I will have her results then as well.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote