View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Hey, ((((((Tim))))))

I don't want to pry -- OK, yes I do -- isn't this the first time that you've let us know "about" you?? (I'm referring to your signature.)

It's hard living with a personality disorder, isn't it. My ex-husband could never understand how I could stand being alone after the divorce. He hated being alone. It doesn't bother me at all -- I actually prefer it.

My older brother (who's been married for just over 47 years) says that he can't stand being around people because he "picks up on" (AKA "feels") what other people are feeling. He claims that he can feel other's headaches and says that he could feel the pain when his son broke his ankle. I think he's weird ;but, interesting. Maybe he's right

You know, Tim, we who have struggled so hard to grow up and survive have earned the right to have our lives the way that we want them to be. I'm retired now, but, when I was working, if I were sick, I would take the day off. Took me a long time to not feel guilty about it.

Apparently, your family has "issues" around holidays -- doesn't everybody's Instead of doing the whole "Christmas Thing" on the actual Christmas Day, would it be easier for you to spend another time -- like Christmas Eve or the weekend before or the weekend after?? If you control the time and the length of the stay, would it make it more tolerable??

You gotta stop freakin' out so much about the flooding the place. I think it's The Universe's way of getting the floors washed After all, you didn't stuff toilet paper down the drain so it wouldn't empty properly -- did you?? I know you didn't. That means "IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT".

Try to enjoy the blessings that you have sugar. I was just thinking that the day before yesterday was the 29th anniversary of my Dad's passing. I can't believe it's been so long I'd give anything to be able to spend some time with my Mom and Dad again.

Try to arrange your days the way that YOU want them and see if it helps. You've got TONS of support you know (even if you don't hear from us all the time). BIG HUGS.

Barb