View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Oh Barb! you KNOW I am your biggest cheerleader! I am thrilled that you are giving this another chance.

take a breath. relax. get into your happy place, and THEN do your shot. Dont do it while stressed, and hurried, and upset.

After the injection use that PUSH techinique that we have been speaking about. hold a cotton pad over it and PUSH firmly for 15 to 30 seconds. DONT RUB DONT RUB DONT RUB. Copaxone is a sharp crystal style drug, and the rubbing with fracture the crystals. Just firm pressure will push the drug from the upper layer of fat, to the deeper layers. I still have lumps, but they are 1/10 of what they were.

I know you are scared, worried, and have a head full of memories of bad reactions from interferons to Ty to copaxone. Take the time to shake them out of your brain, and have a positive affirmation. This time is going to be different. This time is going to work. this time is going to be so much more relaxed! Breath! give yourself a treat after. A nice cup of tea, or a walk, or a nice movie, or spoon full of chocolate. Let your body learn that this is a positive time, and full of good things. This way the negative old scared memories will be replaced with yummy, fun, relaxed vibes.

We are here for you!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (01-24-2009), ewizabeth (01-24-2009), SallyC (01-24-2009)