View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

*looking at feet*

Ayup they actually do look better. Still cracked but not nearly as deep.. Did not think of that. I still do feel a bt dry thought because of low estrogen. And it is dry here in So cal in the winter....got that desert thing going on.

I only take 2 of the coconut oil a day, a prescription fish oil and a flax oil capsule. The cocnut oil bottle says take four but sometimes I only take one a day or two. I did not want to overdo something that was new.

I was very pleased with my numbers on the latest blood test and the only thing different i did was the coconut oil. And like I said I did not holdback eating wise over the holidays. I went to town...cookies, fudge.

And my AC1 did not budge off a 5.4 which was when i was on a diet. So there must be something to how its used as a medium fatty chain oil for energy. My fasting glucose number was 90, not bad. fasting insulin was 6. but i know that the insulin number is better read after a two hour test minimally.

Now my total cholesterol went up to 244. BUt my HDL (good stuff) went ot 80, the highest its ever been. and the LDL was 144 still high but better (remember I did eat bad). They say that if you can get the ratio of the HDl to the LDL 1:2 that is good and mine is slightly better.

My cholesterol ratio was 3.1 down from 3.3 when I was eating good so must be something to it. You want to be under a 5.0.

But the triglycerides....On just the fish oil I came down from 221 to 145 which is great. Adding in the coconut oil I am now at 91.

Just a couple of other numbers. I did really well on my vit D. Now up to a 42. I am still struggling on maintaining that iron level. I just barely scooched above low normal. And thats with prescription iron.

All very intersting.

I only started trying the coconut oil after an article on the cognitive benefits that was posted in the alzheimers and Pd forum. And i have to say i get a shortlived burst of mental what I call calrity for a couple hours after taking it.

I dont think I could do the oil if it were not in a capsule.

So now my next test is to be a good eater and see if I can bring the total cholesterol down further while keeping the hdl at 80. Ok diet here i come.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (01-24-2009), LavandulaCanadensis (01-25-2009)