View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiemama View Post
I have a friend from my old working days at ODD (Office of Disability Determinations) and yes the people who work there are kind of odd (except me of course). Anyway he is an older guy in his 70"s, a doctor, very nice except for one thing-he had an odor problem. Anyway, I kind of adopted him when he retired. He is legally blind, and occasionally I would pick him up and take him to the doctor or run some errands. In return, we would go out to eat after and have a couple of drinks. This last time while we were on our way to a restaurant, I got a phone call from a friend asking me to go to a movie preview. I looked at my watch, figured I would have enough time and we agreed that she would pick me up at my house at a certain time. We were on our way back to his house and I know we were running late, but my friend usually runs late, so I wasn't to worried. Anyway, my husband called and told me she was there (on time-which was unusual) and I asked him if he would run my friend home and then I wouldn't be so late. My husband agreed and my friend agreed to wait for me.

Okay, I know this is long, but bear with me. When I got home, my husband was pretty agitated. First of all, my friend had a hard time giving him directions to his house because of his vision problems so it took a while. But this is what really got him, apparently he smelled really bad. I had know idea!
I never noticed it at all. I profusely apologized and the next day looked it up and found out that it's a symptom of MS. Not a bad one for me, but definitely it is for others who are with you!! Who would've thunk.

Anybody out there have this problem????

Doxie
I think I have an opposite problem. My nose seems to be overly sensitive to smells. Not a bad thing if I'm in a chocolate store, but a bad thing if I'm near a landfill.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote