View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I now have my answer

[QUOTE=Lady;442679]Hi Amy,
Welcome.
I have had tremor as my very, very first symptom. It was visible to the doctors, but it still took me three years to find out why I had it. I had it in a few places. Each doctor would call it something else. We didn't have MRI's back then, so it was a ruling in/out process of other diseases and tests. Then I had other symptoms, went into hospital and was told I had MS.

This link might help you. Good luck
Lady

Lady,

Thank you for the link, it gave me some great information. I did actually get a confirmation from my Neurologist on January 21st that MS is most likely my diagnosis. My spinal tap revealed antibodies - positive for both lupus and sjogrens among some other information. The Neurologist also told me that since 2006 that I have at least two dozen more lesions on my brain, with some in the cerebellum and brain stem. He originally said that I had "several" more lesions since 2006.....I had nine at that time, and I don't feel that finding "at least two dozen more" constitutes using the word "several" but what can I say. I am trying to digest this information, yet have not quite been able to that yet. My next step is to see a rheumatologist and then from there I will be seeing a different Neurologist for a second opinion. I would like to get working on a treatment plan ASAP with the hopes of minimizing the addition of more lesions.

I do not know if the number of lesions that I have is alot or if it is normal? How do I know? Should I worry about having so many new lesions in just two years, or is this something that I should expect?
DizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote