View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 03:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBug View Post
Yes, doctors in the US can conduct Ketamine infusions... Ketamine is an FDA approved anesthetic and IV infusions are okay for the treatment of pain. However, it is only slowly that INSURANCE companies are agreeing that the infusion of Ketamine for the treatment of RSD shows promise. FDA guidelines allow for the use of non-anesthetic doses for the teatmewnt of pain... in other words, it is my understanding that Ketamine can be used to treat pain but they can not fully anesthetise you as in the Ketamine coma. They can put you in deep but not "under" i.e. intubation required.

As far as the Ketamine in pill form, as msdrea83 described, pharmacies can formulate Ketamine into creams, lozenges, pills ... almost into any form. Just need a prescription. My main question really is personal benefit derived from it and was doses are being used by members of this forum.

I would encourage you to look into the infusions and use of Ketamine if the other forms of treatment have been tried and failed. Best of luck!

i was taking it in liquid form 20mg/mL, 2-3 cc's, every 2 hours as needed. the only real side effects i had was feeling high for about 15-20 min after i took it. but if i was taking it consistantly every 2 hours i would stop feeling the high after about the 3rd or 4th dose because it was still lingering in my system.