Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb you know..

I'd like to add:

I read a while back some cat expert book, who claimed that the more
physical handling/attention paid to kittens, the more "interesting" and
dog like (coming when called, following on hikes, etc)... the cats become.

In other words, more human responsive. Our youngest cat was raised in a home with small children...and she is the most interesting cat we have ever had.
When we adopted her...one the children --around 8yrs old--- came running in from school...and kissed her good-bye, calling her Oreo-- so I kept that name.
She also was extremely DEPRESSED with US...we were not like the children she was used to! It took her two weeks to recover and mourn that loss. She still has a HUGE need to play...so we do that for her still (6 yrs later).

Cats have the old rep that they are "independent"... but that has not been my experience. I spoil mine like crazy, talk to them, etc. And they are all extremely eccentric as a result!

So on the heels of this tragic loss of Millie, I guess giving attention to these
two little treasures is a "waste of breath". I bet you are loving them to pieces!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote