View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 11:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks again for the replies. Right now, my biggest issue is that I have no health insurance. I was able to get all these tests because the Cleveland Clinic has a program for uninsured where they pay all or part of your bills, based off your income, as long as it's medically necessary. My primary is great, and gets whatever he can under that "necessary" umbrella, but the $2000.00 per month treatments wouldn't be covered, because that is a prescription and they don't cover those. I can't get a second opinion from a different neuro because of the insurance issue.
I could see if they knew for a FACT that it was autoimmune - that would justify the treatments, but they are just guessing... that makes the very expensive treatment plan a "Maybe". Not when Neurontin and Lycira have the same "maybe" benefits.
I did get some of my results back - but not the biopsies, which is what I really wanted. The QSRT said I the response in the left foot and left forearm are reduced... My left foot, normal value is >.18, mine was 0.06 and my forearm value >.20, mine was .13, whatever that all means.
Will have to call and deal with that nurse again for biopsy results! She basically told me, in as nice a terms as possible that I should be grateful it's not something more serious, like this patient she has with AML who has a family and is dying. I'm quite offended by that since I just lost a cousin to AML in July!
ARGH!
Anyway, thanks again all!
dmouse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote