View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM
kelly6449ed

kelly6449ed

Confused help new symptoms, takes me to the ER

Hello all
I hope everyone is doing good,

I just had one of the worse flairs yet,
The last 2 weeks have been off and on with new symptoms falling more, horse voice, weak belly, do not want to eat, I fall in my shower and have a black eye now, and my knees are bused from falling,
when I hit my eye in the shower, my face hurts,
the night before last was a very bad night, I was sweating more then every
had to change my sheets and PJ'S not easy when you are full body and was in a flair as all of you know, so I just toss the sheets over my bed,
so that hole next day I could not get up, felt bad all over, ya maybe the flu
but no temp or anything that would make me think it was the flu,
I at least try and get up and do what I can, but not that day
ok now comes last night, my 2 cuz came over, we all where sitting here,
and I kept have a numbing and tingleing feeling, go from my hands to feet to legs, I said something to both of them that was odd and never had that happen before, so I just block it till it was time for them to leave, I got up to walk them out, and I took 2 steps, and the numbing tingleing ran up my legs
not just little tingling, but very intense, then to my arms then hands, I had a book in my one hand my fingers lock open and I drop every thing, then
I felt ICE COLD RUN thought my vain and in my legs then arms and hands,
(I never had that before, but the burning feeling runny thought them)
then my hands both spasm and closed, oh as soon as the ice cold ran though me, my legs gave out, and down I went, one of my cuz she was right there and made my landing easy, as I was sitting there my legs turn ice cold and I could not feel them at all, and both hands, I could not open
I had no pain in my head, stayed crumb as I could to think of what to do next, and no numbing in my face or head, so I new it was not a stork,
at least hoping, I knew I could not get up set, it would just make things worse, and scare everyone,
so my cuz called 911 they came and got me took me in and 8 hrs later
was told just what I thought, just a bad and new flair,
has this happy to anyone ?
I told the ER Dr's that at least I know now, if that happens again I know its not anything besides a bad flair, and that I can ride it out, ya I know, I got a funny look from him also, he said no, if it gets to bad, to come back in,
oh and on my way there, they tried to get a BP on my so so good leg, and no reading, they could not get one, what is that all about?
by the time we got the the ER I could feel my so so good leg but no feeling but ice cold in my outer bad leg, and after hrs later, the burning started, and the numbing stop and the feeling came back,
what is going on! ???????
I felt so bad for my cuz to see that, I did not know but they fallowed me there, it was about an 45 min ride to a good trauma one ER,
the little town I live in the ER is bad, no one goes there,
I have to give credit to the EMTs they where so nice and said they are going to find out what they can about RSD, I am on there rout so they should know, they did everything they could not to hurt me, and not knowing what RSD is, I have to say they did great,
my mom and dad came down, they ask the Dr why my foot is the way it is,
swollen and reddish and blotchy the ER Dr told them that is all from the RSD
but they never seen full body, they did not push to run a IV when I said that
I really did not want to change getting one if I did not need it so they did not push for it, witch was nice to have someone linsin to me,
I could of stayed there all night, but felt it was just better for me to be back in my own home, as there was not much they could do for me,

so was that really just a flair up? has this happen to anyone else?
I am still shaken up about it,

thank you for taking the time to read this,
Peace
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta jewell (01-25-2009)