View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 04:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kelly,
I have NEVER experienced what you have, but it sounds so awful and terrifying. I am so very sorry you are going through this....that you've had to endure so much pain and fear. Do not feel embarrassed or guilty about this having happened in front of your cousin. They love you, and I'm sure were very glad that they WERE there so that they could get you proper treatment.

We should all remember that RSD is NOT our fault. We did not ask for this, we did not do anything to deserve this, it is indiscriminate in who in affects and when. We should never feel guilty about needing help or being in pain. We have enough to worry about just trying to live our lives. Be happy that your family cares so much about you, that the EMT's were sensitive to you, that your doctor understands enough to KNOW that you need help when/if this ever happens again (which I pray it doesn't).

I hope that they've given you appropriate care and meds to tolerate this nasty flair as well as you can. Be kind to yourself and know that we care about you.
MominPainRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (01-25-2009), loretta jewell (01-25-2009)