View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
Well if I had numbers of 85-110 I sure wouldn't stress over it! I have a theory about how they are changing these numbers: to make more money!

My neighbor in her 80's told me one day she ate some ice cream & went over 400,now I was shocked since I've never ever had a reading in that range. This woman is thin as a bean & has lots of energy. Of course the ice cream was a treat & not something she does often.

My point in this: I think we have to look at everything as an individual. When I was first diagnosed type 2 I was thin & in good shape. I doubt you'll ever read about thin people being type 2!

I'm planning to go back on Metforim,can't seem to lose anything I don't gain right back. Also,I've neglected my B12 for far too long,after reading your post I'm going back to it.

My father takes Metforim,his fasting numbers are in the 70's,if I went that low I'd be crawling from weakness & sweating!

Just my 2 cents

Ah, so you think that if they put lower numbers, that people would go on more pills or insulin and the big pharmaceuticals would make EVEN MORE MONEY???

Can't argue with you there. Today I made sprout soup, fresh blueberry/blackberry muffins (from scratch, using whole wheat flower and splenda).

I could eat this way forever. The salads are to die for, and a muffin every now and then is a treat.

Thank god I find this way of eating extremely tolerable. Doesn't bother me a bit. And I get to grow my own food!!!

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote