View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Can someone describe the differences...

between hypoglycemia and pre-diabetes for me? I have been hypo-g since a child and diagnosed as such formally as a young adult. I'm no longer young and dr.s are now re-classifying me as pre-D. After a life time of testing and treatments that have clearly said NOT diabetic nor pre-d. [Granted the last test was 3 years ago- a 3-4 hour GTT] All #'s have been disgustingly normal.
What should I 'suggest' to my GP [who is the one that has gotten this notion] that I am NOT pre-D?

First off - I gotta have those slow carbs! Those that go to sugars and then back again... Sugar would knock me out flat in no time peaks and valleys....ya know?

Second - My DH has type 2 D and We are pretty careful about what we eat, tho not the sprout thing tho - toxin potential too great-in the growing. Balancing the carbs, fibres and protiens carefully. Not to mention the sugars and sodiums...

I just want to know how this difference in diagnostic determination has happened? IF this isn't a 'trend' thing, why was Hypo-glycemic a 'trend'? and when did this change? I never got even a grunt from docs until lately... DUH?
Anyone with ideas? Thanks in advance - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote