View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 12:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi Kandra,
In regards to the vitamin B12 I take 1000 mcg. a day, I know some other people just take the vitamin B complex vitamins and that helps them also. If you are on a diet you might want try the ketogenic diet. This diet is used for epilepsy, it can reduce or stop seizures. The diet is high in fat but low in protein, carbs. and starch food. I lost 75 lbs. on this diet in just 4 months. The diet builds up ketones in a persons body which reduces and in many cases stops seizures. The ketones also curb a persons appitite. If you are interested in this diet you can get the book by Dr. John Freeman whose at Hopkins University the title of the book is: "The Epilepsy Diet Treatment." This diet has been out since 1927 my cousin was on it during World War II and he had tonic clonic sz. While he was on the diet he flew airplanes and he never had a single sz. until he went off the diet and tried medication. If you're interested in this diet you can see a dietician and they can get you started on the diet. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!
Hi Sue,

I take the Vit. B12 1000mcg also...sublingual. I'lll have to investigate the ketogenic diet...I thought it was mostly for children. High ketones are also caused by high protein diets. I'm on just a "reasonable" diet and I've lost 108 pounds in 8 1/2 months. Have you been able to keep the 75# off once you went back on a more normal diet?

My insurance doesn't allow one to actually see a dietician...the most I can hope for is a phone consultation..sigh.

Thanks again so much!!

Chronic pain since 1999
Oh, too many things to list!
Kandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote