View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 12:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had no intention of bringing up the "Doctor" issue--and I'm sorry if anyone is upset. Someone asked and I told. Picking a doctor to do a major surgery like this is not always a personal decision. Most of the time Insurance Companies dictate who you can see--especially HMOs. My HMO tried to force me to use a different doctor for my re-do surgery and I had to fight them for 8 months to be able to go back to Dr. Brantigan. Dr. Brantigan went to bat for me --and we went after them from both ends. Yes, he did a re-do surgery on his own surgery--but it's not his fault that I developed scar tissue. A few months after my first surgery I caught a virus which caused violent coughing which I believe caused the scar tissue and actually caused my scalene muscle to attatch itself to my brachial plexus. I guess that I can blame my own body for that one. I admire him for hanging in there with me....

Triste--I didn't mean to hijack your thread....I just wanted to make sure that your eyes are open to how brutal lawsuits and the court system can get. You are talking about a medical malpractice suit--and I am talking about a lawsuit due to a car accident--which is over and done with. I am not the kind of person that would sue anyone--but the system requires that you sue the driver that caused the accident in order for Under Insured Motorist insurance coverage to kick in. I am not suing any Doctor. Sorry if anyone misunderstood. I agree with the poster who advised you to be careful about what you say---that is good advice for anyone who is involved in litigation. I was followed on a regular basis. I would bet that lawyers and insurance companies monitor these boards on a regular basis.....
BarnBum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote