View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 12:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

She seems to have gotten super fat and has been lethargic (shes naturally lazy but when I sit her down, she lays where I put her). Shes drinking 5 times what she eats. She started around 7lbs 4 weeks ago and is 9lbs now. I know it doesn't seem like much, but she's looking big. Like, a pregnant dog would.

The vets always say Im a great owner for her looking so healthy (most maltese owners in OC have theirs 4-5lbs - it's a small dog trend and sick). Mine was healthy looking, now she looks fat. But I don't know why, she's not eating like she was, shes eating less (I measure their food).

Her last check was 4 weeks ago and I make them check everything, since she was a mill rescue I try to stay on-top of her health (3 grand in dental so far to keep her from losing her teeth).

Maybe I'm paranoid. I just don't see why she'd be so big when she pees all she drinks. Then again, she isn't pooping as much. Maybe thats it?

Ah hell, I'm gonna call the vets cell again (yes, he gave me his cell!). If anyone is around OC - let me know, this vet is perfect. He did her dental for free while he had her sedated! I love him.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote