View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 01:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello: I have asthma and am severely allergic to cigarette smoke. Years ago, I was on a bus on its way to a march in Washington, DC. There is a truck stop on the way where bus loads of people stop to eat, etc.

While standing in line for the restroom, a woman in front of me pulled out a cigarette, and I asked her politely to please not smoke it as I have asthma. She lit it anyway! I had to run outside in order not to have an asthma attack!!!! Needless to say, I had to go the whole way to DC without being able to go to the restroom.

I am always polite to people so I left and had to suffer with a full bladder. What I should have done since she was wearing a scarf was pull it reallly tight around her throat and tell her I would let her breathe if she would let me breathe. Josie, I really admire your daughter; I wish I had as much courage. She rocks!!!

I remember walking with my cane to the store in south Florida and someone yelled out the car window "Hey you cripple!" That happened to me more than once. Also, I have been pushed out of the way in a grocery store on my way out the door. Where I live, people use the handicapped parking spaces to leave their empty carts. I also overheard someone say that if I was disabled I should "stay home".

I did all my shopping online. Paying shipping charges and having the packages delivered to you door is so much easier than trying to shop and carry heavy packages. I bought toys for all of my grandchildren so there is no problems with sizes.

Sorry to ramble on here. Have a nice, painfree day. Regards, Lil
Diamond Lil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote