View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 06:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good Morning Kitty !
I think I will start with getting new litter boxes - I haven't done that in a long time - these boxes are rather old - they both have the hoods on them.

I only have 1 small rug in the entire house. I love rugs but one of my babie came to me after years of being passed around from one person to another and she seems to think that rugs (especially bathroom rugs) are for her own use and she will use them. The one rug I do have is in my granddaughters room and she has only used it once so I keep an eye on it. I did go around smelling my couch / love seat and chairs - even turned them upside down to inspect and vacuum and had my daughter come over to sniff also. All the furniture and anything fabric seems fine.

Calling the pest control is a good idea - I do have a service and I will give them a call. My parents wanted me to call the gas company but this is not a rotten egg sort of smell and I have carbon monoxide detectors anyway.

One of my kitties will go anywhere she desires if the boxes are not clean enough to suit her (or if she gets upset) and I have found spots on occasion but I have mopped every inch of floor in my house. There are a few pieces of furniture that I cannot move and cannot get behind but likewise - the cats could not get underneath or behind this furniture. I have no carpet anywhere.

It is so frustrating...
Thank you for your response - we cat people know the importance of a cat or two or three in our homes ! But, I don't need a dead rat or varmit of some kind in my duct work if that is the problem...

Snoods

"Probable MS" Symptoms since winter 1996/97
Cervical Spinal Stenosis
Hashimoto's Disease
Fibromyalgia

Some days you're the windshield.... some days you're the bug.
snoodles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (01-26-2009)