Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 08:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielli View Post
Hi Beth....I see your icon shows scared? Why are you scared? Did you have a coil done? How are you doing? And yes I have had my battles and still here. My family and Annie friends that have gone through the same are what keep me going.It's easy to talk to people that have been through the surgery and know what you are talking about when you ask did you feel this,or get that. I remember asking if anyone had ridges on there nails,or hair loss and when people said "me too!" I felt so much better LOL We use to share funny stories about our short term memory loss,you had to laugh we had some good ones.

ooxx
Mimi
Hi Mimi,
Ooops... just changed my icon! I was feeling scared the other day; a few reasons really! I'm going for coiling & stenting on 11/2 & I was having a bit of a wobbler about that, although I'm usually fine about it... apart from that I was fretting over my vision problems, which is a little silly & ungrateful of me as they're annie-related and unlikely to get any worse - and once it's stopped deteriorating after the op I'll be fine (I've lost about 1/3 of my visual field)! There was a bit of a family problem too & I felt I was being totally ineffective (daughter at Uni 300 miles away was feeling lonely & homesick & I felt I failed to comfort her).

I probably shouldn't have short-term memory probs because I've not had a rypture; however my neuroradiologist told me I'd probably had small "leaks" over the years. And oh boy, I certainly have the memory problems... and an attention span of about 30 seconds at times . It's often really funny; last night my husband and I were chatting and watching Tv, and he replied to something I'd asked him. I sat there & pondered for a minute, but to no avail. Eventually I had to say "You know you've just replied to me? Erm.... what did I ask you?".

You have to laugh, don't you?
Beth1957 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote