View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 02:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So... I get a note in the mail from her daughter. It is inviting me to a surprise party for my friend, her birthday is in a few weeks. SO I call her up and she tells me she invited about 40 people. I note that my invite onlly has my name and wonder if that is 40 people with spouses, dates or children.
Not that 40 isn't already too many.
I tell her daughter that this party is just a few days after her last chemo, and that she will be really sick. Not to mention she will have no immune system. I tell her that the doctor said not to be having company over during this time, and that we already had a heated disagreement because she had been allowing her kids to have sleep overs and parties during this time.
THe doctor said if she had the slightest notion that she was ill too call right away... get on antibiotics because she will have literally no immune system to fight it.
So... they are having a surprise party for her in the middle of December (where it will be cold and flu swing with colds and flu) 40 + people invited to her house.... her small house.
I gave the daughter the doctors name and number and asked her to speak with her.
Keggy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote